Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fish Stuff

Wow, it's been a while. Lots of in-town guests lately. Okay, only three, but that is a lot in a house with only one bathroom and in a city which not many of my friends or family have visited.

Well, we got three new fish and many new plants for my aquarium today! I present to you:

The all-white fish, who also looks pink-ish... Rosie?

Okay, I'm not sure what the new fish names are, except for....

Big-Head Keith.
He seems to have a large-ish head. He is a gold-coppery colored fancy.

This is Little Guy, currently. I might change it.

I know that the current names stink, except for Big-Head Keith. That is clearly The Most Awesome of Names. The tank is still in the midst of a snazzy-town renovation. Hopefully I will have the time and energy to get that finished very soon. But for now, here are the before-and-after plants pictures:

Note the lone plant.

Sad. I've been pestering my hubs to let me get more artificial plants. But after looking at the rest of the fake plants, I thought I'd take a chance on live ones.

Plants!!!!

These plants don't require me to water them (since they are immersed in water), so they might live longer than my average house plant. Supposedly, the fish will eat them. They probably will. I might have to start an aqua-nursery tank to let the plants grow a bit without being eaten.

I apologize for the horrible picture quality. I left my camera back in Seattle, and my parents forgot to bring it here to Boston this past week when they visited. Rats!

Alright, I know this is supposed to be about pretty things. Wait until you see my latest fashion finds. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment