Saturday, October 2, 2010

Employment and judging. And Newsies.



Well, Unemployment, you've given me a nice break and a recovery from corporate america, but it's time for me to get back to work.

I have a part-time job now at Core De Vie in Beacon Hill. It's RAD! Look at the website. Yeah. I work here. I even get to go to the classes (if they aren't full).

I was so sad to leave my awesome friends/coworkers at Boeing (I miss you, Melanie and Amanda!!!!). Now I am happy to say that that I currently have a whole slew of funny, friendly clients and coworkers! I feel like I'm back in college, in a good way! I wear (cute) sweats to work, and I have time to actually enjoy the rest of my life. And this time, "the rest of my life" doesn't even involve school.

In addition to having a relaxing job and earning money, it's SO nice to get out of the house. Also great: I am not sitting at the house eating all the time. I'm already fitting back into my formerly too-tight pants (although there have been other factors at work there too).

In other news, I think that I saw the girl who plays Hermione in the Harry Potter movies the other day. She recently cut her hair super-short and looks like a girly-boy. I didn't realize it until I saw a picture of her on TMZ. I was like, "OMG, Emma Watson is the girly-boy that I saw!"

Sooo...I am sure the fact that she didn't have makeup on didn't help this pic.
(pic from TMZ.com)

So it was kind of cool if that WAS her (although I am not sure what she would be doing in Davis Square, since she attends Brown), but more than anything it just made me really confused. There are of chicks that look like boys/ boys that look like chicks here in Boston. The clothes may or may not be bad, but I can't tell, because good and bad clothes are different for each gender.

The other day I saw a guy who was dressed like an extra on the set of Newsies.

Favorite move EVER.
(Picture: IMDB)

I was thinking, "Um, those clothes went out of style, like, ONE-HUNDRED YEARS AGO!!!!!" And then I though how cool it would be if all the sudden Christian Bale danced into my path and we would sing and dance with all the people on the street and my life would FINALLY be a musical.

So yeah. Good times judging clothing here in Boston. I love people-watching while I work. I can look out onto the sidewalk and judge.

Self-assessment of my outfit today: I look awesome. I'd like to thank yoga, fruits and veggies, and Denise Austin, for all enabling me to fit back into these khakis.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. :) I would love to visit Boston and come to a yoga class there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it. We have total space for you! XO

    ReplyDelete