Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SHOES

I would first like to start out with the most awesome video EVER (strong language)(but hilarious). Click on the picture to go to the youtube video.

By the way, this picture is actually a very accurate portrayal of me window shopping for shoes...


Okay, I feel like that has properly set the mood for this post.

The other day the amazing shoe designer, Ruthie Davis, came to my husband's school and talked about her business.

Ruthie Davis and her gorgeous creations.

But on that same day there was a horrible tragedy, because I WAS NOT THERE. Sad Face!

Anyone who knows me knows of my obsession with fashion: Vogue subscription since I was like, twelve; the giant wall in my bedroom of my favorite advertisements or photos from Vogue; my Belltown apartment that was decorated by all of my high heels (bookcases are really made for shoe display, right?); the fact that I still decorate with Stuart Weitzman ads (from their previous campaign, "a little obsessed with shoes"**).


**On a tangental note: these ads remain my favorite campaign of all time. The genius ads let me decorate my house with pictures that aren't overtly girly, but are SECRETLY SHOES. I wrote to Korey Kay & Partners asking them for prints of the ads - they sent me every single one!

Anywhoodle, getting back to the original subject of this post, I was devastated that Rick didn't think to bring me to that class. Why didn't University of Washington business school ever bring in an amazing shoe designer to talk to my class??? (UW Foster School of Business FAIL.)

I missed out on having these in my school classroom:

The Most Awesome Shoe in the WORLD, by Ruthie Davis.

Which, in retrospect, maybe is not bad, since I possibly might have grabbed this shoe and run off with it, overcome with my love for its beauty.

Ruthie, if you are out there reading this, surrounded by your fabulous shoes, I am officially volunteering to be your intern. No, actually, I am not joking.

1 comment:

  1. We were watching "Shoes" at work today.

    Funny story about that song, the first time Dawn Smith and I heard it was with Bethany Brune. She gave us his mixtape telling us he was an underground DJ from New York who was all the rage. We thought his music was ridic, but would listen to it for shits and giggle every once in a while. It wasn't until like six months to a year later that we saw the video and found out she was fucking with us the whole time about him being some up and coming artist!

    Don't know why I needed to share that ...

    ReplyDelete