Friday, August 6, 2010

Career changes

Well, I haven't gotten any bites on job applications, so I am trying to brainstorm some new career paths for myself. Here's what I've got so far:

1. Pregnancy - So it doesn't pay well and there aren't health benefits (not to mention we don't have any affordable health benefits right now)... but it is the one alternative occupation that I am 99.9% sure that I can succeed at.

2. Dog Walker - Probably the same "cons" as Pregnancy, with the addition of (a) having to drive in Boston, and (b) having to be outside in inclement weather.

3. Bartender - Good money if I don't mess up or forget any drinks (unlikely), but no health care that I know of.

4. Freelance Writer - Judging from my, like, twelve followers on this blog, this is not where my future lies. Not to mention I have no training in writing, with the exception of regular school and the GMAT prep-books.

5. Dog breeder - That would be a GREAT career track for me if, (a) it had health benefits, and (b) I could somehow manage to actually let people purchase puppies. That is highly unlikely, and I would just end up sick with, like, 18 dogs and no husband.

Any of my twelve readers have any other ideas?

4 comments:

  1. I vote bartender. You'd get sick tips!!


    Kels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Babies... I need to live vicariously through people who can have children. Plus you and Rick would have gorgeous babies.

    OR

    You should start your own business of being a decorator. Or perhaps a professional buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Kelsey. Hi Kelsey!! Flaunt it while you have it. For the tips I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog!I think everyone can will get much useful information from your post.I'm doing practice GMAT here. gmatonlinetest.com . It's really useful for everyone.

    ReplyDelete