Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sneak Peek

Yes, that is "peek." I have seen tons of people writing "peak" lately in the place of "peek." It's an epidemic on blogs and facebook, and it drives me nuts.

Anyway, the sneak PEEK is just a few glimpses of my house. Sadly it is still not organized enough to photograph in whole. That is my goal to have it photo-ready by Monday.

Those of you who are inundated with my posts on facebook have already seen most of these. Just kidding. I just took a few more.

Here I am, right now. You can see me in my natural state, just not my house.

Hi, Friends! It's me!

Here are snippets of the house (PS I just realized that all of these except the last photo are mirror-images, so flip them in your mind and that is really what it looks like):

My beloved chaise, and to the left is a pretty built-in armoire.

These two live in our sumo-themed bathroom.

I rescued this watercolor painting from my parents' garage sale.
I can't believe they were going to sell it!
Rick picked the hydrangea on the way home the other night.
That book is OLD, and it belonged to my French grandmother. Also a parent garage sale save. Shame!

I don't think this plant really fits the style I am trying to go for, but I just couldn't resist this bright color!
Especially since leaving my mom's beautiful garden back in Seattle.

This shot is taken from the front room looking into the living room.
The light fixtures and the ceiling molding thingies are original to this house!
The china cabinet on the right is a FANTASTIC find from craigslist.

Here is my lovely floral chair from craigslist again.
That painting above it is a find at the Swedish Cultural Center in Seattle.
I love Monet, and this lady did an amazing oil painting of his Water Lilies painting!

Well that is the sneak peek for now. I have no idea how I will get all of this under control by Monday, but I'll try!

No comments:

Post a Comment