Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weeks 2 and 3 post-op

Well, not much really happened here. I still couldn't walk, I got a bandage change at the end of week 3 and my foot looked weird and swollen. I washed my foot because I could take my bandages off and wash it after 3 weeks and OH MY GAWSH GROSS!!!

Um, if you have ever had a cast on, you know what I mean when I say there was excessive skin sloughing going on. SICK! In my life I had never wanted a pedicure more than at that moment in the tub. At least I had beautiful, soft, new skin underneath the 70 layers of old stuff.

Oh, and it totally rocked to take a shower/bath without having to dangle my feet over the side of the tub.

And if you ever have this surgery, don't be surprised if after three weeks you still can't lower your foot below heart level without it throbbing. It just happens. Enjoy the downtime, I guess.

Or start a blog.

2 comments:

  1. You must have had to go buy one of those old-people shower chairs, right? I mean, if you can't stand on your feet yet, AND you have to dangle them out the shower - how else could you do it? ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no, I actually sit in the tub and dangle my feet off the side. Luckily I have one of those hand-held shower heads - originally it was to facilitate easier dog-washing.

    ReplyDelete