Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feety X-Rays

I just had my last appointment post-op for four weeks. They took x-rays of my feet and my Dr. said that they are basically healed. Want to see x-rays of my feet? Okay. Here they are.




The side-by-sides are before and afters. Can you see how much they had to re-position that first metatarsal? My feet have been "re-arranged," as my husband says. They shaved off a bit of the "bunion" part too, but most of the bunion was actually part of that metatarsal bone that was supposed to be there, just in a different position...

I love that I have hardware in my feet. Is that weird? And no, they will not set off metal detectors. The screws are countersunk into my bone. The big, dark screw is stainless steel (I think) and the lighter screws and plate are titanium. I used to buy airplane parts with titanium, and from what I remember, that stuff is expensive! Which, I guess, explains my $400 bill for "implants" from the surgery. Ha. Sounds like I had a b**b job in my feet. Implants.

My husband thinks that it looks like the building projects he used to do as a kid, with the screws going every which way, lol! But I know they are all put in that way for a reason.

One week from tomorrow I get to start wearing regular(ish) shoes! "Regular" meaning really supportive athletic shoes, which I normally wear only while doing athletic things. At least they are less conspicuous than these:



But apparently I will still "want"/need to wear these a lot at first. Which means all of my outings will be strictly limited to short stints of nearly no-walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment