Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oopsies


So, first one of my bandages started falling off on Sunday. I used some paper tape (because it is the kind I am not allergic to) to tape it back on. Then as I took off my socks today, the other bandage just came right off! I was worried for like, 2 seconds and then I rejoiced.

Fair warning for the rest of the post: It gets a little yucky, not in pictures, but in words.

So I took both bandages off and washed my feet (YAY!). Then I considered taping the old bandages back onto my feet, until I got a whiff of them, and that idea flew RIGHT out the window. I re-wrapped them with new bandages that I had lying around for a later date when I might need to pad my tender little feet. I don't think I did a too-shabby job.

Sorry, I had already put my socks on and didn't feel like taking my other sock off. :-)

I was pleased to see that my feet (without the bandages, of course) are becoming quite attractive! Even with the scars! I haven't had pretty feet ever, so that's just a little exciting for me. :-)

As an aside, I can now understand why they make me cover these things up - everything is peely and the scabs and dead skin on the incisions are loosening and I REALLY want to pick at them. I know, I am gross. I am a picker.

Anyway, my hubs chastised me for picking at the extremely loose scabs, warning me that if I did that they would scab more. I know that is true, but I don't want it to be. I want to pick at stuff. Harumph.

What? Don't even act like you wouldn't be tempted too.

**update: I called my dr office to see what they had to say. They said don't worry about it, this just means the swelling is going down very quickly. Yay! So I took off my homemade bandages and washed my feet again. Yippeee!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a picker when it comes to that stuff too - you are not alone! ;) Glad to hear that they're looking better. For a while there, I was worried. ;P

    ReplyDelete