Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pretty Things - I wish I wasn't so tall.


Things I can't wear:

JCrew.com Gunmetal Matelassé Dress

I could so wear this to work with a snappy little jacket (I work in a dressy office). And then wear it out that night to...something. I would make up an event and go to that. Assuming I live in a city where people actually DRESS UP once in a while, for goodness sake (i.e. not Seattle). Note: this does not come in tall sizes.

Piperlime.com - Parker Back Bow Dress

Pretty color. LOVE this color. What? Not Impressed? That is because you haven't seen the back.

Angels actually just sang in my heart for the back of this dress. Too bad it's not a tall size, so it probably wouldn't cover my booty. That is not an acceptable look, unless you are Lady Gaga.

Piperlime.com - Tucker the Dress

This is somewhat of a departure from what I would usually wear, but I love this fun print. The cut of the dress looks really comfortable, yet feminine. I am sad because the little belt would be closer to my bra than my actual waist. :-(

Piperlime.com - Millier Ruffle Jacket

Love this color, and I'm super big on ruffles right now. And everyone knows I love me a jacket. I would have to actually try it on, but my Spidey Sense tells me this jacket won't be long enough. I know cropped jackets are cute, blah blah. But I think this one IS already cropped. And jackets don't look cropped on me - they look too short.

Everyone thinks that because I am 5'10" and skinny it is super easy to pull off clothes. It's not. Because there are like, five (not necessarily affordable) brands that make cute clothes that fit me. Clothes are not cute when your tummy is showing, and the waist of the clothes is up around your ribcage (and it's not supposed to be).

Anyway, I will stop complaining and show you pretty things that anyone can wear.

JCrew.com - Majesty Stone Cocktail Ring

I do love a giant cocktail ring, even if it's fake. I love giant not-fake cocktail rings even more. Oh, maybe not just anyone can wear this...sorry if you don't have fingers. I guess that would probably mean you can't wear this. Maybe put it on a cute necklace chain? YES!!! Problem solved. :-)

And speaking of necklaces,

JCrew.com - Crystal Corona Necklace

FUN!!!!! I am really into statement pieces right now. I think because I have such a limited selection of affordable, well-fitting clothes, and these accessories can really punch up an outfit for less money than say, an intricately detailed J. Crew top.

Note to J.Crew: I love you for making great-quality, tall clothes, but your prices force me to build up my closet veeeerrrry sloooowly, even when the clothes are on sale.

Love, B

No comments:

Post a Comment