Monday, March 15, 2010

Musings on an iPhone

Sorry to not post for a few days. I felt kind of Blah the past week. Actually, I think that my real problem was that I was uninspired to write, due to the fact that I kept going to bed before midnight, which is when my creative juices seem to flow the most.

Well, your lives can now resume, because I had a back up post that I pray will not bore you too much.

Since this blog is about- among other topics- stuff that I love, here are a few thoughts and advice that I have on one of my favorite possessions: My iPhone.
  • Don't give your iPhone to small children. I know this is tempting. Kids are cute, and they become even cuter when dancing to say, Lady Gaga playing on your iPhone. But I can tell you from experience, THEY MIGHT THROW YOUR IPHONE IN THE TOILET. So, maybe just let them listen and not touch.
  • If you are stupid enough to give your iPhone to a little one, Don't put a silicone cover on the iPhone. Why, you ask? Because those covers have the same feel as bath toys. Know what some kids like to do with their bath toys? THEY LIKE THROWING THEM IN THE TOILET.
  • iPhones are surprisingly water-hardy. After my nephew threw mine in the toilet, I let it dry out for a few days (inside of a ziplock bag of rice, on top of our warm cable box). Three days later - good as new, minus a warranty.
  • iPhones are a gateway drug. If you get an iPhone, the chances increase exponentially that you will become addicted to: facebook, TMZ, Huffington Post, weatherbug, Gilt Group, I am T-Pain, and your entire phone in general. If your phone becomes unavailable to you, you will experience withdrawls. Which is a great reason to not allow small children to throw it in, say, a toilet.
  • Try to not facebook on your iPhone in bed. It might wake your spouse up, and they will probably start worrying that one day you'll check facebook while you are....ahem - you know what-ing.
  • iPhones are great for chronicling life. Not the greatest picture quality, but since you are addicted to it, you'll always have it on you. Like right after bunion surgery.
  • iPhones can help you lose weight. It worked - I used the "My Fitness Pal" application to record my calorie intake and lost 7 pounds in two months - and four weeks of that was while I was sitting on my butt because of my foot surgery! It's not my metabolism, people - we eat and drink a LOT more calories than we think we do.
I think that is all today for the wonders of the iPhone. Until next time, when I will reveal a blogging milestone...

Love, B

3 comments:

  1. I can't live without my iphone. I have a silicone cover and I give it to my Nephew. I'm basically screwed.

    I won't tell you that I've been tempted to check my email when I hear that little "ding"...during extracurricular activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....watch out, because he won't tell you that he is abouts to throw it in the loo. Know how much they are to replace? Well mine is about $700. So... I hope you stop giving yours to your nephew. :-)

    HA! I have been tempted too... but I won't tell you that either. Our secrets are safe with ourselves...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS My silicone cover stretched really badly, to the point where it just fell out of the case if I dropped it on the pavement.

    Go get this case - it's huge, but hard-covered so your phone wont slip out, yet it is one piece so your cover won't bust open like those two-piece cases, and - BONUS - it is lined with rubbery stuff, so it's like a shock-absorbing shell for your friggin expensive phone!!!

    Link to the Best iPhone Cover to Date, That Your Nephew Won't Throw Into The Toilet: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW890ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTA4NDc3NjE&s=topSellers

    ReplyDelete